Sunday, March 09, 2008

FOLK ARTIST


When I was in Boone, doing workshops, I met so many wonderful people. This was an awesome folk artist and a brilliant imitator! He worked at "BACK YARD BURGERS", a restaurant owned by my good friend Steve Prewitt, doing dishes and pots and only did his art for fun. He loved his job and everyone in the restaurant including the customers loves him. When I came across the picture I just had to paint it. 16x20"oil/canvas...done with a big brush. Comments welcome. Brian

2 comments:

  1. Brian, this is fantastic! Chris will be so thrilled when we show it to him! I'm sure he'll be telling everyone who comes in the restaurant all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great face, the personality sure comes through in your painting Brian. There sure have been good paintings on the blog lately!

    ReplyDelete

http://www.briansimons.com