Friday, June 19, 2009

Entanglement


Hello Gang, Wow lot's of new work again. I will post comments. Well call me a glutton for punishment, but I had to do this one again. I shifted the format to 4'X4' And I concetrated on getting it closer to the photo I took. Which was a totally differant palette from the first. I think I may go in tomorrow one more time and hit the high lights and darken the darks. It's been a good excercise in dicipline. I've enjoyed taking time on one painting, it's felt a bit like a good book.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Julie! You have the painting divided in two between the foreground and sky with a little more foreground then sky. If you want to paint it that way I suggest you paint the base of the tree darker to anchor the tree and give more stability to the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see this in real life, being so large. I really like the color and overall design of this one. Don't think I would want it too realistic if it were mine, its just a riot of color and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this one Julie. I love the colors. Congrats for tackling that scale!

    ReplyDelete

http://www.briansimons.com