Thursday, April 24, 2008


Hi everyone connected to Brian here! I'm one of his workshop 'newborns', just back from five wonderful days on Quadra Island where six of us moved through the Seven Step program together -- a wonderful group of people so diverse we never would have found ourselves in the same space that intensively for that long, if not for our common interest in learning to paint. Brian is such a great teacher - clear, step-by-step, funny, likes people, and not afraid to (very gently) push us each time we default to habits which do not serve the process of painting... Thank you Brian! And how wonderful that your Blog gives us this chance to meet others of your workshop people and give and receive comments. So, this was one of the paintings I did - and I still have a few changes I want to make to it. But I thought I'd ask everyone's opinion first, not that what you say will definitely sway me but I do want to hear!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Astri,thanks so much for the workshop plug! This painting looks just awesome, so abstract and exciting. I'm so impressed! I was happy to see it unfold at the workshop and am thrilled with how it turned out. You've certainly got the program for sure!
    Thanks Astri for becoming a contributor, hope you will post and comment often. Warm Regards, Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Astri, I really like this a lot. Fascinating composition. Is that driftwood?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your encouragement, Brian, your gift for that is what makes you a great teacher.
    And Elliot, yes, it is driftwood! I have a whole series of photos that seem like 'fairytale driftwood stories,' where these 'presences' just leapt out at me. Thanks for dropping in! I look forward to seeing more of your work too.

    ReplyDelete

http://www.briansimons.com