Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hello From Berlin!!

Hey Fellow Boggers,

Turns out I will be able to see what you are all up to. Can't keep a good (wo)man down!!Boy there sure is some beautiful work. Elliot, cool aerial. There was no intension on my last post, I saw the picture and loved it, decided to paint it, simple really, didn't mean to start so much controversy. I've thought about doing an aerial, in fact I took some shots from the plane over the Britsh country side, but we'll see if I ever do it. Ralph, nice painting, I feel you are making some good progress...do you? Dave, love the canyon, as Brian mentioned the distance is so intriguing. Brian I thought the farm wasn't dead at all, I really liked it. It reminded me of October with a couple of hit's of unexpected colour. Really liked sour grapes...nothing sour about that, I also really liked yellow apples, I thought the green colours were stunning. I liked the abstract quality in all of them.

I have been checking out Miro, Lichtenstein, Picasso, Munch, Klee, Pollack,Mondrian, the list goes on and on. Funny though so far nothing has really done it for me. It's been great going through with my husband, as he asks really good questions about art, (one's I can't answer) there are so many different approaches. I find so much of the art here is so intellectual. If the artist needs to explain it (rather than the viewer feeling it) I find it very unapproachable and way too heady. The paint, I swear, these days are so much better quality. A lot looked muddy and dull, except Miro. It's funny, in the past the painting I did was always abstract, I do like it. But if I go abstract Brian, would you still let me post on the blog? I have been taking lots of pictures. I found this subject matter which is very abstract in the way I crop the photo, and quite unlikely. Very much about composition, hope to start on a little series, as soon as I get home, I'll keep it to myself until then. I just got to Berlin, London was great, I look forward to all the galleries here, as I have heard they have a world class collection. I'm in good spirits (considering I'm not painting) and view everything I do and see to further my "studies" as a painter. Glad to see all your work. Over and out. Julie

4 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, thanks for stopping in to let us know whats up, and for your comments on all the paintings. No problem posting abstract works and as a contributor, you can post just about anything you like...too bad you didn't find the masters works all that inspiring...maybe in Germany you will find otherwise. Anyway, have a great time over there and hope you will post again soon!....Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd sure like to see your abstract work. Thanks for the comment on my ariel by the way. I actually set out for an "abstract landscape" but as you can see it ended up a bit literal. I think I'm going to try a series though and experiment a litte, so we'll see how it goes. Happy travels. I've only been out of the country once but managed to see The Tate in London and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie, nice to here from you! I was starting to miss you already. I don't know what this site would do without us. There wouldn't be any action at all. So you and your husband have a good vacation, and as for the master's painting I agree with you. Half of them can't paint anyways. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Brian, Ralph and Elliot. Elliot I encourage you to experiment. I've always responded well to this sort of abstractness in your work. Look forward to seeing the next.Ralph, not sure if perhaps we provide to much of a disturbance. And I think you misunderstood me, I didn't say they can't paint, I said that I didn't find their work so inspiring. Big difference. Could also be my frame of mind as I rather be painting than looking at them. keep well. Happy painting. Julie

    ReplyDelete

http://www.briansimons.com