Monday, May 05, 2008

Beaver lake


Hi all,


Where is everyone?Painting must be on the back burner. I look forward to some new postings/comments. Here is a new one. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I had alot of fun playing with colour, but think some of the combinations might be a bit wacky, which part of me is attracted to and part of me is repulsed by. It's the same feeling when you drive by a car accident. Believe it or not this was create with only 2 different colour combos with varying amounts of the colours within the combo, and tint. I have a hard time capturing light on a high overcast day. Or in any situation where it is not blatantly obvious. It's 14X18 I'll be curious to see when the "painting Gods" decide to visit me again. In the mean time......keep painting.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful cool palette here Julie, I love the cool reds with the lime green. good job on the water too. nice mood to this and you tell it was overcast. Like the hits of ochre or brown/red near the center. Brian

    ReplyDelete

http://www.briansimons.com