Thursday, May 01, 2008

Revision with help


I posted an earlier version of this and wanted to posted with some re-works that ended being a good learning process for me. My friend Page helped me a lot with facial proportions. Brian made some helpful comments about brushwork. Then Steven pointed out how the protrusion of the mouth and the white of the eye show that this was done from a close up photo (not that this is bad necessarily, but I didn't know it was so obvious). Anway... I could have left it as it was, but as I said, it was a good learning piece.

3 comments:

  1. Elliot, you know I like both versions and good for you for your interest in learning. This one is a bit more refined and very exciting. Boy you folks down there in Boone are just rockin! Tell Page and Joanna, I'm anxious to see what they're doing too! Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is terrific Brian. A great job.
    Love,
    Linda

    www.lindablondheimartnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Elliiot
    Your notes are very clear and shoud be helpful to folks
    Page

    ReplyDelete

http://www.briansimons.com