Monday, January 05, 2009

THE TREK HOME



Did this little one last night (16x20" acrylic/canvas). It started out being just another snow scene which I'm getting a little tired of and probably you are too. Anyways, the painting just wasn't working and I kept visualizing a red house in the background, but kept insisting it not be there, cause I wanted just raw nature. Anyways, after a bit of a frustrating evening, I thought what the heck and put the house in there and the figure walking up the drive just for fun. that turned it into a romantic little painting that I'm quite fond of the more I look at it. Hope you like it too. Comments welcome. Brian

7 comments:

  1. A real little gem Brian! A very exciting painting, and you can paint those wonderful snow scenes all year round as far as I am concerned.

    Visualizing is good Brian,It,s advanced technique that a lot of the masters did. I believe a painter should let most of the reference go when about 80 percent of the painting is done and do what the painting is asking from there. I also believe you have to play it by ear at a certain stage in the painting to get that free loose look. Other wise the paintings may look too stiff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian, I think the red house adds a sweet interest to the painting, though i had to look for the figure in the painting. why is it so that a human element always adds
    a story some substance to the scene. nice one

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you worked through the frustration... this one is great. Love the sky color. The red is very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure about the house. I like the concept. I too had to look for the figure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this one! Love what we can see of the red house (against the blue sky).

    It takes a moment to see the person walking home, but that is part of the charm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The touch of red and vague figure save the day. Otherwise just another outdoor scene They add a wonderful mystic
    Love it!
    Page

    ReplyDelete

http://www.briansimons.com